Friday 4 September 2015

Starwords/ starwards: a post-summer re-cap

On the very first Sunday of the year, having walked with the Magi, or Wise Men, to Bethelehem in search of a king, we thought about our own journeys starwards in faith, following Jesus.
You can read the preparations for that service over here.
 
Given it was the beginning of a new year, and the closing of the old year, we wondered about signs, waymarkers, to keep us moving forward in faith. As we did so, star shapes were handed out with individual words on them - all different - with the invitation to make use of the word given as a tool for pondering and prayer over the course of the year.
My star/word was 'grace' and I placed it by the middle window in the study.
Everytime I come into the room, there it is, as a reminder.
Sometimes I engage with it, and sometimes I don't, but it has been a useful and quiet companion for my reflections.  I'm hoping the thoughts and prayers over the course of this year, on the matter of grace, have permeated gently into both worship and pastoral care, and even - perhaps especially!! - into those routine admin. tasks that I'm less keen on.

If you've used your star/word at times over the year - how has the process been for you?
Have there been new insights into faith and life?
Comfort on tougher days?
Challenges?
Gentle joy and ongoing confirmation of God's love?
Has having a gentle reminder word and symbol been helpful in your journey?
I'd love to know...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi - thanks for visiting.
We're always happy to receive comments, however,
we do moderate them to avoid spam.